What are Protein and Nutrition Labels used for?
Protein and nutrition labels are used to provide information about the protein and nutrient content of food products. Some of the types of information that may be included on protein and nutrition labels include:
- The serving size and number of servings per container
- The total calorie content per serving
- The amount of fat, cholesterol, sodium, and carbohydrate per serving
- The amount of protein per serving
- The percent daily value (%DV) for various nutrients, based on a standard 2,000 calorie per day diet
- The ingredient list for the product
- Any relevant allergens or other dietary considerations
Protein and nutrition labels are an important tool for helping consumers make informed decisions about the foods they eat. They allow consumers to compare the protein and nutrient content of different products and to choose foods that meet their nutritional needs. Protein and nutrition labels can also be helpful for people who are following specific diets or who have certain medical conditions that require them to monitor their protein and nutrient intake.