What are Bakery Labels used for?
Bakery labels are used to provide important information about baked goods, including their ingredients, nutritional content, and handling instructions. Some of the types of information that may be included on bakery labels include:
- The name and identifying information for the baked goods
- The ingredients used in the baked goods, including any allergens or special dietary considerations
- The serving size and number of servings per container
- The total calorie content per serving
- The amount of fat, cholesterol, sodium, and carbohydrate per serving
- The percent daily value (%DV) for various nutrients, based on a standard 2,000 calorie per day diet
- Any relevant handling or storage instructions
- Any relevant regulatory information or certifications
Bakery labels are an important tool for helping consumers make informed decisions about the baked goods they purchase. They allow consumers to compare the ingredients and nutritional content of different products and to choose products that meet their dietary needs. Bakery labels can also help identify the product and track its use and inventory.