What are Butchery & Meat Labels used for?
Butchery and meat labels are used to provide important information about the type, quality, and origin of meat products. Some of the types of information that may be included on butchers and meat labels include:
- The name and identifying information for the meat product
- The type of meat (e.g. beef, pork, chicken)
- The cut of meat (e.g. ribeye, sirloin, tenderloin)
- The weight or size of the meat product
- The source of the meat (e.g. farm, processing plant)
- Any relevant quality or grade information (e.g. “organic”)
- Any relevant handling or storage instructions
- Any relevant regulatory information or certifications
Butchers and meat labels are an important part of ensuring the safe and effective handling and use of meat products, and it is important for consumers to carefully read and follow the information provided on the label. Meat labels can also help consumers make informed decisions about the types and sources of meat they purchase.